Thursday 24 November 2016

Phantom Wizard


Author: Ohmori Aoi
Alternative title: ファントム ウィザード
Type: Manga 
Chapters: 20
Tags: fantasy, adventure, magic, action, shounen

This short manga started kind of interesting but sadly the potential wasn't fully used. For me it was old unfortunate kids must fight againts douche superiors which wants their specific power. No wow twists for me.
Artwork isn't bad. It has RPG-like feeling which perfectly fits fantasy theme but sometimes it was kind of hard for me to follow what is happening in certain fighting scenes or distinquish characters.
About characters. They really aren't much special or deep. Both main charaters had some traits but overally things which I saw somwhere else (and done better) dominated. Also side characters were very plain and their background wasn't much developed. For me it's crucial to feel connected with characters, to feel their journey, their pain, their growth etc. and if I don't feel it I can't enjoy the work fully.
Another weird part of this short manga is strong incestuous feeling of one MC towards another. Maybe I wouldn't mind it much but why the hell is that girl alwas half-naked?! It totally destroyed all scenes especially when she was crawling around her own brother. It doesn't seem right!
Ending... I actually really don't care if it is closed or opened ending if everything works out perfectly but it this case it's bit anticlimatic.
Overally, story is not seriously bad but in the end has nothing new to serve...

Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment